Total Visits

martes, 7 de julio de 2015

The kite runner

Winter of 1975
I am writing this so I could remember what happened that day of winter of the 1970´s. Every winter, districts in Kabul held a kite-fighting tournament, and if you were a boy living in Kabul, the day of the tournament was undeniably the highlight of the cold season.
That winter on the first day of snowfall Amir step out of the house early, still in pajamas like every year. The winter started. Hassan and Amir used to build their own kites until I thought it would be better to take them with “Saifo” to buy their kites. The tournament was a tradition in Afghanistan that started in the morning until the winning kite flew in the sky. That day I was in our rooftop with Rahim sitting on a bench, sipping tea. Amir and Hassan were at the street getting prepared. I thought Amir was unsure of being there, there were so many people on our street, so I that it would be good to wave Amir so he could be more confident of himself. After some time of tournament Amir and Hassan continued at the kite-fight, many kites were going down until it was a blue kite and Amir and Baba´s one. After time finally Amir could win, I was surprised with his achievement. At the night Amir brought the blue kite home that Hassan take.

Something happened after Amir won between him and Hassan, they stop talking and playing together, something I don´t know.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario